On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are excited to invite you to participate in the 5th International Congress on Soldiers’ Physical Performance (ICSPP). Hosted by Human Performance Research and Development
, Directorate of Fitness, Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services.This meeting will carry on the rich legacy of knowledge sharing and dialogue among international partners from the first and second meetings in Jyväskylä in 2005 and 2011, followed by Boston in 2014 and finally the 4th ICSPP hosted in Melbourne by the Australian Defense Forces and the Defense Science and Technology Group. The ICSPP has grown significantly since its inception. With over 500 participants and a world-leading scientific program, the latest edition has been a tremendous success. Our community has come together and shown the power of collaboration in a friendly collegial atmosphere, making this congress a premiere event for anyone working on optimizing the physical performance of the men and women serving our respective countries.
The ICSPP is the most important international congress in applied military human performance research and therefore attracts experts from all over the world. The congress covers a broad range of disciplines including physical training programs and adaptions, occupational and physical performance, testing and assessment, injury prevention, public health and health promotion, nutritional considerations, human factors, ergonomics, equipment design, biomechanics, load carriage, gender integration issues, thermoregulation and environmental issues, deployment considerations, and psychological and cognitive factors.
The 5th ICSPP will focus on translating knowledge to practice whereas symposia, poster sessions and featured science sessions by international experts will aim to influence change in practices, programs, services, policies and decision making. As such, we aim to bring researchers, practitioners, operators and leaders together in open discussions, thought-provoking brainstorming sessions and knowledge translation activities. We are confident that the program will appeal not only to the military sector but also to delegates from a range of physically demanding occupations including emergency services, police, fire and ambulance.
We hope to see you for the 5th ICSPP in February of 2020 in Quebec City, the cradle of French civilization in North America. A city with rich military history, breathtaking views, unique architecture and above all, a wonderful winter carnival happening during the congress!
Bienvenue à tous. À bientôt!
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
, Québec City, Canada
DISCOVER QUEBEC CITY
February 11-14, 2020
The Optimization Cycle
• Mental and Physical resilience
• Optimizing the winter soldier
• Innovation in Physical Training
Soldier Systems and Performance
• Personal Protective Equipment evolution
• Emerging technology to alleviate burden
• Emerging technology to achieve goal
• Sleep and fatigue management
• Holistic health and fitness/the performance triad
• Prevention/reduction in MSKI
• Cognition and Physical fitness
• Implementation- science to practice
• Monitoring scientific Integrity in the field
• Military physical performance analytics
• Basic Training as a platform for research
• Call for Abstracts 1 March 2019
• Call for Session Proposals 15 March 2019
• Registration Opens 1 May 2019
• Abstract Submission Deadline 31 May 2019
• Notice of Acceptance to Authors 1 September 2019
• Early Bird Registration Deadline 30 September 2019
• Regular Registration Deadline 31 December 2019
• Late Registration Deadline 31 January 2020
Time zone calculator | Find your time
CONGRESS SECRETARIAT 2600, boul. Laurier, suite 835 Québec (Québec) G1V 4W2 CANADA